So we’ve brought together a list of some of the best places to go if you’re looking for some amazing Bourbon.
1. Old Kentucky Bourbon BarFounded by mixologist Molly Wellmann, who also owns several bars in Cincinnati, Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar is the place to go for the best Bourbon cocktails. You’ll be welcomed like a local to the traditional and classy bar.
It has a warm atmosphere and knowledgeable staff who want to share what they know with you. The range is impressive and they stock a lot of other options besides Bourbon as well. The range is impressive and they stock a lot of other options besides Bourbon as well. They have some rarer bottles of Angel’s Envy and really good variety of Pappy Van Winkle. Definitely the place to go if you’re looking for a cocktail experience, with the Kentucky Mule coming highly recommended.
An old fashioned with @northsidedistillingco whiskey, and a gold rush. Thank you for the (always) amazing service and incredible knowledge of your libations @oldkentuckybourbonbar! • • • #lovethecov #covington #covingtonKY #covingtonkentucky #nky #mynky #northernkentucky #mainstrasse #mainstrassevillage #westside #summer #cincysummer #cincisummer #cincinnatisummer #summerincincy #summerincinci #cincinnati #city #northernky #downtowncovington #kentuckygram #thisiscovington #community #bourbon #kentuckybourbon #okbb #oldkentuckybourbonbar
2. The Old Talbott TavernPart of the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky, this quaint bar is attached to a hotel and well worth a visit. They put on live entertainment every night so you’re hearing some of the best local talent around whilst trying some amazing Bourbons. The food is pretty amazing as well, as is the hospitality.
It has a past that goes back to 1779 so it is deeply ingrained with Bourbon history. Well worth a visit for the stories as well as the Bourbon.
3. Garage BarSpecialising in pizza, craft Beer and Bourbon, Garage Bar s the place to come if you want a relaxed night out. They have an amazing range of drinks on offer, and their Bourbon list is too big to fit on their menu. We recommend the Honey Lavender Lemonade (even though it doesn’t have Whiskey in it, but it is expertly crafted).
Everything from the big players to smaller local brands appear here, including Rabbit Hole, Johnny Drum from the Willet Distillery and both an Elijah Craig 18 Year Old and Single Barrel. The pizza is also pretty damn impressive, and who doesn’t love a good dram and a slice?
Andry is so excited because it's Bourbon Heritage Month and he doesn't have to choose between eating or drinking his bourbon! Each week throughout September we will be featuring a different bourbon, a different bourbon cocktail, and a special menu item made with that bourbon. Check out our Instagram and Facebook page each week to see what we're playing around with. Happy and safe drinking! #garageonmarket #bourbon #bourbonheritagemonth #eatdrinkandbebourbon
4. Against the Grain Brewery and SmokehouseLike Gargae Bar, Against the Grain specialises in craft Beer, but they also serve some fine Bourbon. The atmosphere is lively and exciting and the staff and more than welcoming. The menu is exciting as well and you will definitely find something to enjoy, whether its Bourbon, Beer or food.
5. Bourbons BistroThis bar has a huge selection of around 130 Bourbons to choose from. They have Pearse Lyons, Bulliet, Wild Turkey and George Dickel, to name but a few. Some of their rarer malts include Ancient Age, Old Overholt and Bernheim.
They have been around since the 1870s and know a thing or two about how to serve good Bourbon. The food menu is pretty impressive and you have both big name Bourbon makers and smaller brands to choose from on the drinks menu. Wonderful atmosphere that will have you returning every time you’re in Kentucky.
Have you been to any of these? What is your favourite Bourbon bar? Share with us.