Not to worry, we have you covered. Here’s a list of truly unique gifts for the Bourbon lover in your life.
1. Flaviar Half-Assed Christmas GiftRegular Christmas gifts are so 2018, so we've created a limited-edition motely of god-awful gifts - socks, ties, mugs and scarves - that come with a twist: a special code that turns your giftee into a Flaviar member. Forget about special bottles that’ll end up on a shelf.
By giving them a Flaviar Membership, they’ll expand their horizons through tasting and discovery of different Bourbons (and other Spirits) through quarterly deliveries of tasting boxes and full-size bottles, access to members only tasting events, monthly free shipping and more. We're not sure how you'll outdo yourself next year though.
2. Whiskies of the World Advent CalendarIt took Jules Verne 80 days to travel the world, but one can do it in 24 days through this colorful selection of Whiskies from all over the globe. Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, Japanese, and Irish Whiskey... There's a new amber potion for each day till Christmas. Who said the Bourbon lover in your life would not like Whiskies of the World Advent Calendar, as well?
3. 12 Days of Christmas Tasting BoxRemember Christmas mornings when each colorful wrap had endless potential of joy? That bliss isn't exclusive to kids when there's a box of twelve Whiskies waiting for you under the tree. It's a sequel to the Advent Calendar and a way to reclaim Christmas for yourself. Give 12 Days of Christmas to your favorite person, even if that person is you.
Did we mention that both Advent Calendar and 12 Days of Christmas come with a Glencairn glass and a booklet with tasting notes?
Can't decide which to choose? Don't worry, this season only, we're offering a special package - Flaviar membership bundled with the Advent Calendar or 12 Days of Christmas, so your giftee can start their membership experience with a bang.
4. Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Fermented CigarsThese cigars are not dipped in or sprayed with Whiskey. Instead the wrapper leaf is fermented in used Bourbon barrels. The extensive process that goes into making these cigars make them a truly unique gift for the Bourbon lover in your life. Available for purchase through Pappy & Co.
5. A Behind The Scenes Tour of Castle & KeyWhen Edmund Haynes Taylor, Jr. built this distillery outside of Frankfort, Kentucky with limestone castle, he intended for it to be a showpiece. After decades of being abandoned it is finally springing back to life as Castle & Key.
You can now book a behind the scenes tour to explore the once abandoned castle and grounds.
6. Bourbon Barrel Aged CoffeeThis coffee is not sprayed with Bourbon or artificially Bourbon flavored. Instead the whole beans are actually aged in used Bourbon barrels through an extensive process.
This is hands down ? the best bourbon coffee I've ever tasted. Kentucky Knows is in the Pepper Campus and is only open 4:30-10pm but that just means you can have some with your @crankandboom. When you decide you want to take some home with you, you can buy these bags at the store or a different design at select Liquor Barns. Pick a bag up for a Christmas present and a few for yourself. ? #sharethelex #lovelexington #lexeats #eatdrinkshoplocal #lexingtonky #kentuckyknows
7. Art Eatables Bourbon TrufflesEach truffle variety matches the perfect chocolate with the perfect Bourbon, making dozens of varieties. If the Bourbon lover in your life only has eyes for a certain Bourbon, chances are there’s a truffle for that!
8. Woodford Reserve Bitters Set by Bourbon Barrel FoodsKnown as the first soy sauce microbrewery in the United States, Bourbon Barrel Foods has expanded from Bourbon barrel aged soy sauce to barrel aged and barrel smoked salts, sugars, and spices as well as the entire Woodford Reserve cocktail collection.
As a bonus add a gift pack of Louisville Beer Syrups to make the perfect Old Fashioned cocktail gift pack!
9. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Head CutoutChances are the Bourbon lover in your life also loves Kentucky, so why not order a unique handmade Bourbon barrel head Kentucky cutout from Drunkwood? There are also other states available, as well as fleur-de-lis and horse heads.
10. A Flaviar Distillery TourEach drink has a history and its place in culture and to taste that, you need to go to the source: the distillery. That’s where the magic happens, and flavors are born. Revel in flavors, smell the barrels, hear the stories. What better way to give your loved one a full Bourbon experience than a distillery tour?
A few of our picks but you can find the whole list here.
Kentucky Peerless DistillingLouisville, KY
The ancient distillery has a lot of exciting history to share and plenty of Whiskey that brought the place back to life in 2015. Kentucky Peerless produce small-batch Rye Whiskey and a brand new line of Bourbon.
Limestone Branch DistilleryLebanon, KY
Founded in 2010 in Lebanon, KY, by a lad from a long line of distillers, Limestone Branch uses local grain and limestone water to create their lavish Yellowstone and Minor Case expressions.