Meet the Drink: Fernando de Castilla Solera Gran Reserva

Over 90% of the Brandy sold in the world is aged for less than 10 years. What we have here is a serious Brandy de Jerez, coming from the remaining 10%.

Fernando de Castilla Solera Gran Reserva is aged for 15 years, starting in new French oak barrels and then moving to Oloroso and Amontillado Sherry barrels.

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 At 20 10 27Ageing process is revealed also by its mahogany gold colour and long finish, while the palate is balanced and fruity.

It is produced by Bodegas Rey Fernando de Castilla, named after king Fernando III of Castilla, St. Fernando, who conquered large parts of western Andalucia and discovered the exceptional properties of the soil and climate in this region, ideal for viticulture.

By Grisa Soba

Grisa Soba

Grisa Soba, Flaviar co-Founder



Sorry, this bottle is available to Club Members only. To access this bottle and all other membership perks & benefits, please Join the Club.