Amrut Fusion

Amrut Fusion

(0.7l, 50%)


Get notified when the item comes back in stock.

Amrut Fusion tastes on par with some of the best Single Malts in the world… for an Indian Whisky this says a lot. 

The distillery's name Amrut comes from Indian mythology, translating as “Elixir of Life” from Sanskrit. Perfect, right? The distillery was established in 1948. While other national distilling shops were focused on low-cost production, the entire history of Amrut has been a story of improvement, quality, and taste and it shows in their ramping accomplished over the years. 
Today, they produce a range of 11 core Whiskies and a few special editions. In 2010, (the) Jim Murray named Amrut Single Malt the 3rd Best Whisky in the World. John Hansell of The Whiskey Advocate had a lot of nice things to say about it also.
This is Single Malt Whisky from Bangalore, India, with no age statement and a name that sounds like a villainous SPECTER plot from a James Bond film. “Yes… soon vee vill start the Amrut Füsion reactor and rule der vōrld!” But what no self-respecting Whisk(e)y nerd will forgive is judging a book by its cover… or a Whisky by its label in this case. 
First, this is a real Single Malt Whisky with about 25% of the barley sent to Scotland for peating. The other 75% is kept at home in India where it is dried without peat. Does the name “Fusion” make more sense now? Amrut Fusion is aged "only" 4 1/2 years in both new oak and ex-Bourbon casks. Why only? Because Spirits age MUCH faster in warmer climates — testing showed that Whisky matures 3-4 times faster there. It actually compares favorably to a Scotland-aged dram that is aged from 12 to 15 years. 
Amrut Fusion is an award-winning, lightly peated, Single Malt Whisky at 50% ABV that gives a lot older Scotches a run for their money.

- World Whisky of the Year, Malt Advocate USA (2011)
- Grand Master of the World Whisky 2011, The Spirits Business Award in London  (2011)
- The 3rd Best Whisky in the World, Jim Murray's Whisky Bible (2010)
- Best Natural Cask Daily Drams, Malt Maniacs Awards (2009)
  • Category
  • Style
    Single Malt Whisky
  • Region
  • Country
  • Alcohol
  • Distillery
  • Age

Flavor Spiral™

About The Flavor Spiral

dark chocolate
dark fruit
What does Amrut Fusion taste like?

The Flavor Spiral™ shows the most common flavors that you'll taste in Amrut Fusion and gives you a chance to have a taste of it before actually tasting it.

We invented Flavor Spiral™ here at Flaviar to get all your senses involved in tasting drinks and, frankly, because we think that classic tasting notes are boring.

Tasting Notes

Appearance / Color
Antique Gold 
Nose / Aroma / Smell
Dense oak with sweet grain and a hint of smoke 
Flavor / Taste / Palate
Full and complex with caramelized crème brûlée, light fruit, and a bit of Mexican chocolate 
Medium length with a cinnamon-sweet-smoky thing going on

This drink is featured in

Ratings & Reviews
This was the first Indian whiskey I had and it is excellent. I will definitely be trying more expressions from Amrut.
Don't let the country of origin scare you off. This is a wonderful product. Highly recommend.
A pleasantly complex rich and sweet single malt. Wasn't sure what to expect from an Indian whisky but this was worth it.
is a good rich, single malt with a birth of peat & sherry trifle, a life of dark chocolate fudge & coffee, while its' death is filled with barley & spicy molasses.
A fine tasting whisky worth the money.
Back Back
A Dram for Your Thoughts
Your Rating (Tap a star to share your experience. )