A quintessentially classic London Dry Gin that would stand the test of time.
Flaviar community agrees—Sipsmith London Dry was the winner of the Flaviar Community Award 2017 in its respective category!
represents a collective of purist craft distillers, whose take on classic London Dry Gin
is one of the very best you can possibly get. Anywhere.
is based in Hammersmith, London in the same building that was home to Michael Jackson (the one esteemed for his Whisky expertise, not moonwalking) and a microbrewery. This historic site’s use has been resurrected by Sipsmiths Fairfax, Sam
and blessed with a coppery soul, the beautiful Lady Prudence still
. Prudence is a traditional copper pot still that can distill both Vodka and Gin—made by the Christian Carl family in Germany, she’s a rather special lady.
They were the first to launch under licence in London, some 200 years ago
. Jared Brown, Sipsmith master distiller, crafts each product personally, in batches never larger than 500 bottles a time. The outcome is a truly stunning spirit
– smooth, full of character and true intensity of flavour.
They source the finest English Barley
for their London Dry Gin and spices it up with 10 carefully selected botanicals. Finally, the heart is blended with exceptionally pure water of Lydwell spring, one of River Thames’ sources. The final product is a very sophisticated interpretation
of the classic London Dry Gin style. Sounds damned mouth-watering. With a flavour imagination like this, it's no wonder that Sipsmiths created a Gin that's perfect for mixing and general playfulness - make sure you don't miss out on it!
Honey and ginger combine for a refreshing and zingy Gin sour. Balance - the perfect parity of sweet and sour - is key here, so all the ingredients mesh without any one flavour dominating.
- 1 1/2 ounces / 50 ml of Dry Gin
- 3/4 ounce / 25 ml of strained, freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce / 25 ml of honey syrup (1/2 cup warm water mixed with 1/2 cup honey, acacia or wildflower)
- orange twist, for garnish
1. Combine the Gin, lemon juice, and honey syrup in a cocktail shaker, fill the shaker three-quarters full with ice cubes,and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled, 15 seconds.
2. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with the orange twist.