Whiskies Of The World
Whiskies from around the World.
One of the benefits of being a Flaviar member is a standing discount on all Tasting Boxes.
We guarantee every product we sell is authentic.
Flaviar Members get free shipping on their orders.
Money-back guarantee if things go wrong.
Taste bud revival with Whisk(e)y. It doesn’t get better.
Flaviar's mission is to change the way people drink and eat. In short, how people taste. Stick with us and you’ll experience what the world of flavours has to offer.
Be warned, it will change you – for the good. If you’re not ready, take your taste buds and go. But we’re sure you’re excited so let’s begin.
When selecting the right spirits from around the World, Whisk(e)y came as an obvious choice. It offers the most diverse tasting experience. And because most people drink some blended-schmoo we thought Whisk(e)y to be a flavourtastic starting point of your adventure.
For many years people believed there are only one or two countries capable of making excellent Whisky. But times change.
Let’s clarify a few facts:
First, single malt is made from malted barley only. No corn, no grain.
Second, first-class Whisky is taxed not only by the state but also by the angels (angels’ share).
Third, outstanding Whisky can be found in some surprising places, everywhere from IUSA to Switzerland.
Here you have 3 Whiskies from 3 different countries - Scotland, USA and Switzerland - so you can experience different styles and appreciate the diversity.
Trivia & SmartAss Corner:
1) The "Angels’ share" or "Angels’ tax" refers to the 4% of Whisky that evaporates from the barrels every year.
2) Whisky or Whiskey? The spelling differs geographically. In Scotland and some other parts of the world distilleries usually spell it Whisky; in Ireland and USA they spell it Whiskey.
3) Simplified, Whisky is basically a beer without the hops that has been distilled two or three times
4) Got milk? Farmers often pick up grain waste from distilleries and give this nutrient-rich feed to their livestock. The feed helps the cows produce more milk.
5) Single Malt Scotch Whisky is made in Scotland using a pot still distillation process at a single distillery, with malted barley as the only grain ingredient. It must be matured in oak casks in Scotland for at least three years (most single malts are matured longer).
6) Scotch Whisky is never aged in new barrels. Pot Still Distillation Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey casks are usually used for maturation, while many times ageing process and flavour finishing is concluded in various wine casks such as sherry or port.
7) The temperatures of the American warehouses are much higher, so the pace of maturation is much quicker for Bourbons than for Scotch Whiskies.
8) “Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good Whisky is barely enough.” Mark Twain.