Aye, Uisge Beatha. Sláinte!
5 regions of Scotland pack
This tasting box isn't on our current list of Home Bar Essentials... but it could be. Add it to your wish list and let us know you want it!
What a nice way to kick off with our great service. We mysteriously named our first pack “AYE, UISGE BEATHA. SLAINTE!”, which can be translated from Scottish Gaelic as “YES, WATER OF LIFE. TO HEALTH!”. This is our tribute to Scotland and to the diversity it offers through all the types of single malts it produces. Understandably, for starters we selected some of the top notch distilleries and products.
Wondering what a single malt Whisky is but was always afraid to ask? Single malt Whisky is made in a single distillery from a mash that uses only one particular malted barley.
Trivia & SmartAss Corner:
1) Simplified, Whisky is basically a beer without the hops that has been distilled two or three times.
2) Whisky or Whiskey? The spelling differs geographically. In Scotland and some other parts of the world distilleries usually spell it Whisky; in Ireland and USA they spell it Whiskey.
3) The "Angels’ share" or "Angels’ tax" refers to the 4% of Whiskey that evaporates from the barrels every year.
4) Scotch Whisky is never aged in new barrels. Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey casks are usually used for maturation, while many times ageing process and flavor finishing is concluded in various wine casks such as sherry or port.
5) Got milk? Farmers often pick up grain waste from distilleries and give this nutrient-rich feed to their livestock. The feed helps the cows produce more milk.
Check out the details of drinks that are featured in our first pack. Now grab a pack and organize your tasting party!