One of the benefits of being a Flaviar member is a standing discount on all Tasting Boxes.
We guarantee every product we sell is authentic.
Flaviar Members get free shipping on their orders.
Money-back guarantee if things go wrong.
The X in Alexander Murray stands for Excitement
When Scotsman Steve Lipp left his beautiful misty country for sunshine and palms of California, he did it with a good reason: bring the best Scotch to West Coast. Bearing the name of his favorite great uncle Alexander Murray, these three bottles are a family reunion of the most breathtaking Whiskies SoCal has to offer. It’s a Scottish Spirit among stars and sunburn. Welcome to Scotchifornia!
The adventurous heir of the powerful Caledonian Murray Clan brought ancient knowledge of Scotch-making to the Golden State, where he makes sure his Whiskies follow the strict code of tradition. Mr. Lipp continually offers exceptional expressions of single malts and blends.
This Tasting Box showcases three exuberant samples of Alexander Murray’s magic: secretive 9 YO Ardmore, 14 YO Mannochmore, and Macduff 14 YO. They prove that a single producer can routinely surprise us with multiple delicacies that are far from routine. Let the true Scottish essence inspire you, and the warm enthusiasm of California caress you with lovely and exiting flavors.
The chief of the Murray clan has the authority to raise Europe’s only legal private army, but the Spirits that bear the clan’s name will sure as heck mobilize the armies of Whisky lovers. The sensational marriage of Scottish mythos and Californian freedom will bring a tear of happiness on your cheek as these three champions of excellence offer you three good reasons to sit down and have a glass of Scotch with your favorite person. May the Murray Clan turn your group of friends into a Merry Clan.
1) Single Malt Whisky is by definition made exclusively from malted barley, at one single distillery, in copper pot stills.
2) Single Malts are produced by more than 40 distilleries across America and they give it various poetic names. Stranahan calls it "Colorado Whiskey", RoughStock named it "Montana pure malt Whiskey", while Hamilton Distillers of Arizona dubbed it "Whiskey Del Bac". The safest term, however, is "Single Malt Whiskey".
3) Single Malts are produced in every continent but Antartica and it's quite big in Japan. They particularly follow the Scottish distilling traditions, tweaking them slightly. Large quantities of Scotch were originally imported to Japan and blended with native Spirits.
4) Steve Lipp spent his summers on the farm of his great uncle Alexander Murray. He then worked on an oil field and escaped the Reaper twice. He then invested in a distillery where his brother-in-law's father worked. When he eventually moved to California, he founded Alexander Murray in Calabasas, near Jennifer Lopez and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
5) Clans are big in Scotland, giving a sense of shared identity and family to their members with heraldry, coats of arms and tartan patterns. One of the most important is Clan Murray, an ancient Highland Scottish clan, established back in the 12th century. They were staunch supporters of William Wallace (you know, the Mel Gibson "Freedom!" guy).
About The Flavor Spiral
Has the largest number of distilleries
Effectively, all the areas surrounding the Speyside region
Unrecognised sub-region of Highlands
Scotch Whisky Regions