Flaviar Members can claim a free Tasting Box and bottle every quarter.Join the club
Flaviar Awards is celebrating its 10th edition! For a decade, the Awards have been the Club’s most anticipated, and most celebrated moment. The moment Flaviar’s collective palate of Spirits aficionados from all over the world helps us spotlight the most luxurious expressions of the previous year.
Like every year, The 10th Flaviar Awards are based on a particular approval cocktail of our Members’ ratings and reviews, informed staff picks, sales numbers, and wishlist information.
While beauty is most certainly in the eye of the beholder (or in this case, on the nose and on the palate), the Flaviar world unanimously united on five swanky expressions that left their biggest mark in 2021.
From an up-and-coming Danish Whisky to a classic triple-matured Irish Single Malt, these are the red carpet drams totally deserving of a spotlight in your home bar:
Stauning Kaos Danish Whisky: A chic controlled-chaos blend of fine Danish Single Malt, peated Single Malt, and malted Rye Whiskies.
Brugal 1888 Rum: A fabulous Rum for Whisky lovers. This dry and refined blend features Rums aged from 5 to 14 years in American white oak casks, and finished matured in first-fill Sherry oak casks.
Yellowstone Select Bourbon: A stylishly rich and flavorful blend of four sourced Kentucky Bourbons from the legendary Beam family.
The GlenAllachie 15 Year Old Single Malt: A meticulously perfected jewel of a Scotch Whisky in the Speyside style and finished in a combination of Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso Sherry puncheons and hogsheads.
Bushmills 16 Year Old Single Malt: A timeless classic Single Malt triple-matured in American Bourbon barrels, Spanish Oloroso Sherry butts, and Port pipes.
Denmark, Dominical Republic, United States, Scotland, Ireland—a true international jet set of celebrity Spirits, indeed. Enjoy the samples inside the Tasting Box, and go for the full bottles when you’re ready to put on the ritz at home.
1) In 2021, our huge community submitted over 110k bottle ratings and over 43k bottle reviews. And that’s how you know what you’re getting yourself into when you shop at Flaviar.
2) To make sure,”The Rona” doesn’t stifle our Member’s Spirit-tasting shape, we conducted over 70 virtual events and tasting sessions they could enjoy from the comfort (and safety) of their homes.
3) If all the tasting vials we have shipped so far were placed in a line, they’d cover the distance between London and Paris. Now, that’s what we call a “well-travelled palate”.
4) The Bushmills Distillery claims to be — and is almost unanimously considered to be — the oldest licensed distillery in the world. In 2008 Bushmills celebrated the 400th anniversary of the original license to distill Whiskey granted to the Bushmills area in 1608.
5) The original Yellowstone Whiskey was distilled in a log-still. It was basically a hollowed-out log filled with a copper pipe that was used for primary distillation.
6) Brugal 1888 Rum is distilled for dryness - Brugal’s distillation removes many of the heavy alcohols that give other Rums their sweetness.
7) Stauning sits on the West Coast of Denmark facing the North Sea. If you sailed a boat directly west from there you would sail directly into the Firth of Forth with Edinburgh on your left. When it comes to climate, Stauning has more in common with the Highlands of Scotland than Copenhagen.
8) The guys at the independently owned GlenAllachie Distillery like to take their time perfecting their Whisky. With a longer fermentation of 160 hours, it gives them the time to discover the character of the new make Spirit.
9) Scotland is home to more than 20 million casks of maturing Whisky. That’s four for every person living in there. Nuts!