Unfortunately there is no available information about the Whiskies from the distillery.
Visit Lochindaal shopShop Lochindaal gift sets
Some old warehouses behind the original distillery site are still standing, and are used by Caol Ila and Bruichladdich distilleries.
The shoreshide warehouses on the original distillery site are currently being used by a local garage. As well as the Islay Youth Hostel and Field Centre.
Stay in the Loop
Sign up to be notified about special releases, live events, distillery tours and other cool things.
Lochindaal Distillery was located in Port Charlotte, in the village of Islay.
Colin Campbell founded the distillery in 1829, and managed it for only 2 years. Over the next few years, the distillery changed several hands. In 1921, Benmore Distillers bought the distillery, and then it moved under the ownership of Distillers Company Limited, leading to the closure of the distillery.
It is rumored that the distillery had 3 stills and contained a circular mash tun, an underback, and two heating coppers. Warehouses could hold upto 5,000 casks. The malt used was 100% Islay malt.
CountryUnited Kingdom, Scotland
No. of stills3
AddressPort Charlotte, Main St, Isle of Islay PA48 7TX, United Kingdom