Sign up to be notified about special releases, live events, distillery tours and other cool things.
Glenglassaugh is situated outside the village of Portsoy, at the east end of Sandend Bay, in Speyside.
Glenglassaugh was founded in 1875, by Col. James Moir. Until 1892, he ran the distillery with his two nephews. In 1892 Highland Distillers bought the distillery.
It was completely renewed in 1960, and produced Whisky for another 26 years, until it was mothballed. In 2008, Glenglassaugh was purchased by the Scaent Group (an energy company), for the friendly sum of £5 million.
In 2013, BenRiach Distillery Co. gave second life to the distillery, with a very necessary and crucial investment.
Glennglassaugh has 2 stills; one wash with 13,640 liter capacity, and one spirit with 8,185 liter capacity. There are 6 washbacks of 25,000 liter capacity, and a 5 ton mash tun that are also present on the premises.
CountryUnited Kingdom, Scotland
No. of stills2
AddressGlenglassaugh Distillery Portsoy Aberdeenshire AB45 2SQ United Kingdom