Cowboy Little Barrel Rye Whiskey
California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 WARNING.
  • caramel
  • hazelnuts
  • nutty
  • vanilla
  • peach
  • black pepper
  • cinnamon
  • tea
  • sweet

Cowboy Little Barrel

Rye Whiskey (0.7l, 40.6%)
Oooops. This bottle is not available yet.
Add it to your wishlist and we will let you know once we get it.

Flaviar Members get free shipping on qualifying orders.

Join the club
Character Goatson
Cowboy Little Barrel is back with a new Rye formulation that reflects the flavors of the South.

Preservation Farms & Distillery is a special place. The forty acre estate sits in the heart of Kentucky bluegrass country along the Bourbon Trail. During her career as the CEO of a Liquor distribution company, founder Marci Palatella dreamed of just such a place. She purchased the farm and named it Preservation. Like many startups, at first they sourced Spirits for their releases, aging and bottling them in the barn. But eager to create her own supply, she constructed a distillery on site with a single pot still that produces just a few barrels per day to support their own brands, including Wattie Boone & Sons, Very Olde St. Nick, and Cowboy Little Barrel.

Cowboy Little Barrel Rye Whiskey is a blend of sourced Spirits. Approximately 24% of the Spirit is aged for eight years in new oak. The remaining 76% is aged for three years. The combination creates a layered, multi-dimensional dram with plenty of spice and a distinct hazelnut note detectable on the palate and the nose. Taken neat, it tastes VERT "southern" with notes of sweet tea and peaches. And it’s bottled at an interesting 40.6% ABV.
California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 WARNING.
Appearance / Color
Medium Amber

Nose / Aroma / Smell
The aroma is sharp with notes of roasting nuts, vanilla and caramel clusters.

Flavor / Taste / Palate
On the palate the flavors open up to reveal tinned peaches, hazelnut spread, a turn of black pepper, cinnamon stick, and a lightly drying tea tannin note.

Finish
The finish is fairly long, lightly sweet, and warm.
Flavor Spiral TM
About the Flavor Spiral
What does Cowboy Little Barrel Rye Whiskey taste like?

The Flavor Spiral™ shows the most common flavors that you'll taste in Cowboy Little Barrel Rye Whiskey and gives you a chance to have a taste of it before actually tasting it.

We invented Flavor Spiral™ here at Flaviar to get all your senses involved in tasting drinks and, frankly, because we think that classic tasting notes are boring.

Back to flavor spiral
  • caramel
  • hazelnuts
  • nutty
  • vanilla
  • peach
  • black pepper
  • cinnamon
  • tea
  • sweet
Dog Dogson's Smartass corner
Character Dogson
A decade ago there were only 6 brands of Rye Whiskey hailing from Kentucky, nowadays there are more than 50!
George Washington famously loved his Rye Whiskey. In fact, after he served as the first president of the United States, he returned to his farm at Mount Vernon and started a small Rye distillery of his own.
Rye - think of it as Bourbon's edgier cousin. It’s known for what many call a spicy or fruity flavor. Rye (distilled from at least 51% Rye) is not on the sweet side and tends to have a spicier body. That’s why the character of a cocktail made from Rye, instead of Bourbon, is drier.
Rye sparked the first revolution after the American Independence. It was called the Whiskey Rebellion, and it arose when the government tried to tax Whiskey and enforce the taxation on distillers. The lesson here? Don't mess with a Whiskey drinker's dram.
Similar drinks
Dog Dogson's Smartass corner
Character Dogson
A decade ago there were only 6 brands of Rye Whiskey hailing from Kentucky, nowadays there are more than 50!
George Washington famously loved his Rye Whiskey. In fact, after he served as the first president of the United States, he returned to his farm at Mount Vernon and started a small Rye distillery of his own.
Rye - think of it as Bourbon's edgier cousin. It’s known for what many call a spicy or fruity flavor. Rye (distilled from at least 51% Rye) is not on the sweet side and tends to have a spicier body. That’s why the character of a cocktail made from Rye, instead of Bourbon, is drier.
Rye sparked the first revolution after the American Independence. It was called the Whiskey Rebellion, and it arose when the government tried to tax Whiskey and enforce the taxation on distillers. The lesson here? Don't mess with a Whiskey drinker's dram.
from