Not to worry, though, because there are several festive cocktails you can serve your guests during the Holidays.
1. Bourbon Hot ChocolateThis one is fairly straightforward. In a big mug fill about two thirds with hot cocoa and add 1.5 ounces of Bourbon. Bonus points if you top with Revolution Confections Bourbon Marshmallows!
2. Hot Apple Cider With BourbonThis is a great way to please a crowd. Add a gallon of fresh cider in your crock pot with mulling spices. Allow guests to ladle into coffee mugs and add just the right amount of Bourbon. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and enjoy!
3. Maple Old FashionedThe Putnam recipe:
*2 oz Putnam New England Rye Whiskey
*¼ oz Maple Syrup
*2 dashes Angostura Bitters
*2 Luxardo Maraschino Cherries on a skewer for garnish
Combine Rye, maple syrup, and bitters in a rocks glass with ice and stir until chilled. Garnish with cherries on a skewer.
4. Kentucky CoffeeMaker's Mark recipe:
*1 part Maker’s Mark Bourbon
*1 part cream liqueur
*Splash of DeKuyper Hazelnut Liqueur
*Hot, fresh coffee
*Whipped cream for garnish
Pour Maker’s Mark Bourbon and cream liqueur into an Irish coffee glass. Add DeKuyper Hazelnut Liqueur and fill the glass with hot coffee. Top off with a dollop of whipped cream.
5. Hot Buttered BourbonEvan Williams recipe:
*2 1/2 oz. Evan Williams Bourbon
*6 oz. apple cider
*1 tsp. brown sugar, packed
*1 cinnamon stick
*1 tsp. butter
*Dash of nutmeg
Heat Evan Williams Bourbon, brown sugar and apple cider in a sauce pan. Pour into a warm mug. Add cinnamon stick and butter and stir. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
1 1/2 oz of Evan Williams Bourbon is also good with your favorite mug of hot coffee, hot chocolate or hot apple cider.
6. Ginger RoséFour Roses' Recipe:
*1 ½ oz. Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
*½ oz. Domaine de Canton® ginger liqueur
*2 oz. red wine
*1 lime wedge, squeezed
Fill with ginger Beer.
7. Rye SwizzleWild Turkey's recipe:
*2 oz. Wild Turkey Rye
*¾ oz. ginger syrup
*¾ oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
*dash of Angostura bitters
*dash of Peychaud bitters
Add first three ingredients into Highball glass, fill with crushed ice and stir. Top off with dashes of bitters and garnish with mint spring.
8. Victory In The AfternoonOld Forester's recipe:
*1.5 oz Old Forester Mint Julep
*0.25 oz Copper & Kings Absinthe
*4 oz Korbel Brut
Stir Old Forester Mint Julep and Absinthe with ice, strain into flute. Top with Korbel Brut. Garnish with lemon peel.
9. Candy CaneWoodford Reserve's recipe:
*2 ounces Woodford Reserve
*1 ounces mint simple syrup
Shake in ice, and strain into Martini glass. Garnish with a mini candy cane.
For the Syrup: Boil equal parts water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. Steep a handful of mint leaves in the cooling syrup until you reach the desired flavor. Strain before use.
10. Hot ToddyBulleit's recipe:
*1 1/3 oz Bulleit Rye
*1 Lemon Twist
*¼ lemon juice
*1 tsp demerara or fine brown sugar
To begin, fill up glass or mug with fresh boiling water and let stand. While mug is warming up, cut a lemon twist and stud it with cloves. Next, throw out the water in the mug and add fresh boiling water. Add 1 bar spoon of demerara or fine brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
Add lemon and clove garnish, ¼ ounce lemon juice and stir. Finally, add 1.3 ounces of Bulleit Rye or Bourbon and stir a final time.
11 Brown DerbyBreckenridge's recipe:
*2 oz Breckenridge Bourbon
*1 oz Grapefruit Juice
*¾ oz Honey Simple Syrup
*Garnish: Grapefruit peel, zested
Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain, serve up in a coupe, add zest.